There may be several reasons that may cause the issue:
- Poor calibration and refinement.
- Structure Lenses obstructed by dirt.
- iPad Storage capacity and low storage space can affect the speed of the iPad to perform efficiently.
- iPad and Structure sensor battery percent, low battery affects the performance of the scanner.
The first step in the troubleshooting process is always a hard restart of your iOS device. iOS needs a hard restart to be able to recognize the application properly again. Instructions to restart your device: Restart your iOS device
The following additional steps may help to resolve the issue:
- Charge the iPad and structure sensor to 100% before use.
- Clean the lenses of the Structure Sensor.
- To perform steps for calibration and refinement, we recommend using the Pollock Calibration method.
The "Pollock Calibration"
The "Pollock Calibration" method has become the Structure standard for saving robust calibrations to the sensor. It is quick and reliable, regardless of light availability or environment. When possible, we recommend calibrating with this method.
- Download the Indoor Calibration Target.
- During the "How to calibrate" stage, bring the iPad close to the target, to the point where you can see the target in both IR and visible frames. Bring the iPad close enough so that the image is almost (but not quite) clipped. See the figure below for an example.
- Tap "Got it! and hold still. It should take a few seconds.
Quick links for Calibration and Refinement instructions in detail:
If you need scanner support do not hesitate to reach out: Call us at 1-800-551-3008 option 3 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org